Notice of Race – 2023 Historical 10ft Skiffs Australian Championships Sailing Instructions – to be released prior to regatta ONLINE ENTRY FORM Entries and Crew List Willy Weather – Bulimba […]Read more...
COVID-19 Update January 8 2021
Happy New Year to all members and followers of the Brisbane 18 Footers!
The Commodore would like to reinforce the Queensland Health advice in regards to the lockdown of the greater Brisbane area (local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan) announced between 18:00 today (Friday 8th January 2021) and 18:00 Monday 11th January. This means that no organised sport events will be taking place. So please stay home and stay safe!
You will be required to stay at home except:
- to attend work if you can’t work from home;
- to buy essentials like groceries and medicine;
- look after the vulnerable; and
- exercise within their neighbourhood
Masks will also need to be worn everywhere in those local government areas except if people are at home.
Cafes, pubs and restaurants will be open only for take-away service.
Funerals will be restricted to 20 guests and weddings restricted to 10 guests.
Guidance regarding movement in and out of Greater Brisbane:
- Stay at home and in your neighbourhood
- People can choose to enter Brisbane during this period but are bound by the same restrictions for this period. Where possible people are encouraged to delay travel
- People can enter greater Brisbane to attain health care
- People should not leave Greater Brisbane during this period
- Non-residents currently in Greater Brisbane are strongly encouraged to remain until the end of the restriction period.
Reasons for leaving home:
- Essential education and work, although work from home where possible
- Health care or support of a vulnerable person
- Essential shopping but within your local area
- Exercise in your neighbourhood (local area) with no more than one person from your household
- Masks are to be worn at all times when outside of your place of residence, this includes in workplaces and public transport
- 20 people can attend funerals, 10 people can attend weddings (no dancing or singing)
- Limit of two visitors in homes
- Restaurants and cafes to provide takeaway service only
- Cinemas, entertainment and recreation venues, gyms etc to close
- Places of worship to close