Brisbane River sailing events postponed

Once again we’re unfortunately required under duty of care to postpone our intended racing on the Brisbane River this weekend.  Rear Commodore Christine has been in touch with Maritime Safety Queensland and their advice is that while the River is closed to commercial and passenger ferry traffic, recreational boating is “at your own risk” due to remaining large debris and likely sewage contamination risks.

This in mind, Chris has emailed out to the crews in regards to alternate sailing venues for both the 18ft skiffs (for this weekend) and the 10ft skiffs (until the River recovers!).  If you’re not on the list and think you should be, please contact the Club via our Contact Form with your email details and we’ll pass them on to her.

Comments are closed.
Google+